Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Section 116, Benin City
Announces the SPE BENIN BIENNIAL TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM (SPE BENIN BTS, 2020) scheduled to hold between 1st and 2nd of April 2020 at Protea Hotel, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
The theme for 2020 SPE Section 116 BTS is:
“Expanding the Frontiers of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Application in The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry”
We are therefore inviting abstracts in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence applications in the following technical categories as well as case studies:
• Geological Modelling and Subsurface Characterisation
• Reservoir Modelling and Characterisation
• Drilling Operations Optimisation and Automation
• Hydrocarbon Production Optimisation and Automation
• Process Optimisation
• Application of Machine Learning Algorithms for Resolving Case-based Reasoning
• Predictive Maintenance Modelling for Facilities
• Internet of Things
• Predictive Storage Planning
• Predictive Maintenance and Equipment Failure Analytics
• Predictive Software for Energy Purchase Customer Market
• Replacing Human Workers in Hazardous Operations Areas
• Application of Machine Learning to Predict Operational Outcomes
Important Dates & Deadlines
• Submission of Abstracts: On or before February 21, 2020
• Notification of abstract acceptance: February 28, 2020
• Submission of full paper: March 13, 2020
• Notification of full paper acceptance: March 27, 2020
Instructions for Authors
Presentation formats will be available in Microsoft PowerPoint format. Authors are enjoined to submit abstracts of the intended work to be presented. Accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a PowerPoint presentation, at completion of the abstract review process. Abstracts should include full contact details of the authors and clearly state the objectives, methodology and the results obtained.
Authors should ensure that abstracts are submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by due date and comply with the following criteria:
- Abstract title - Title Case, Arial, Font size 12.
- Abstract must be relevant to the theme of the symposium and must not be more than 300 words in length.
- It should have a title, list of authors, a description of the proposed paper and results/conclusions, as well as the most applicable technical category. If there is more than one author, the presenter/corresponding author should be indicated.
- Necessary management clearance should be obtained for the abstract.
- Abbreviations - full text on first mention followed by abbreviation of first parenthesis.
- Key words are to be included at the conclusion of the abstract.
- Professional biography of the presenter of no more than 100 words that will be used during introductions at the conference for the presenting author should be included.
For further information, kindly contact:
Ademayowa Odutayo via email@example.com +2348034622932 Technical Paper Committee Chairman
Engr. Ikponmwosa Ohenhen via firstname.lastname@example.org +2348029178433 SPE Section 116 Programs Chairman
You can also visit our website: http://connect.spe.org/benincitynigeria/Home/